Sunday, May 1, 2011

Quote of the Day


"I don't want to be the best, I just want to be one step ahead of the rest."

Frankie Bones was one of my favourite djs growing up, and still is. His brother Adam X and him used to come to Montreal on a regular basis to play for raves I promoted back in the day.

Fun Fact: Straight from the airport pick up, one chilly fall afternoon, they wanted to hit the used record stores of Montreal. I was about to cross the street when my jacket was pulled back with a strong jerk and I fell flat on my ass on the curb. Instantly, a car whizzed by going 80km/h. Frankie Bones saved my life, or at least saved me from a few days in a hospital. After which, I spent 4 hours record shopping and diving into old bins for used vinyls with 2 of the biggest names in Techno.

No comments:

Post a Comment