Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Quarterly Report


























Yes, even sometime even I have to work. I thought I would show you what an athlete report looks like. Every three months, submitted to your various sponsors, is like your own little soapbox.


Its really hard to remember evetrthing you did for a company, especially when you are used to living in the now, and not the past.

Here it is. This is it.

La Sportiva

2012 AMBASSADOR QUARTERLY REPORT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. GENERAL 3-MONTH OVERVIEW (~250 words):

My contract with LS commenced in January 2012, so lets start there. There is so much to list, where do I begin. I finally wraped up a three year send in El Salto, Mexico. Dante's Inferno "Directe" was a long standing open project. Alex Honnold did the FA of the route, by-passing a crux, in 2010. I always wanted to do the pure straight line, and I finally did it in late February 2012. Alex called his FA 13d/14a so its safe to assume that the Direct version I did is 14a/b. It has of yet, seen no repeats. The route has spit off every climber so far, be it Alex's version or mine. The route was bolted by Martinez in 2007. I wanted this route so bad. It took 4 years and maybe 60 redpoint attempts. I arrived in Mexico in Nov 2011 for the season. I spent the first 2 months bolting like crazy. I arrived in Mexico with 800 bolts and hangers. I ran out. 2012 was, by far, THE best climbing year of my career. I bolted 26 new routes over the course of the past 7 months. 22 in mexico, and 4 new ones in my region of Montreal. I do not bolt only hard routes, but relish in bolting moderates. most of the routes are in the mid 12 range. I put up 2 new 5.14a / 5.14a/b FA's among those. I still have 4 projects ( 13+ R w/gear to 14c ) in the montreal area that are waiting good weather in the Fall. They are going down. I am spending the summer in rifle to train for those projects and another project that I am keeping secret until it is r

revealed.( hihihihi )

I also signed Maxim Ropes, So ill and FIXE gear to the roster. This is going to help immensely in getting things done. Fixe and I are talking about canadian distribution for the Fall.



2. HOW DID YOU HELP PROMOTE LA SPORTIVA THIS QUARTER? (List up to 6)

I did over 23 demos in March of 2012 with LS shoes for Jim Sanford all over the east coast in Montreal ( 4 ), ottawa ( 3 ), Toronto ( 7 ), Quebec City ( 3 ), Sherbrooke, Kingston, Peterborough, London ect.

I am planning another series as soon as the Futura is available for demo. I passed along a couple good leads for sales to Jim as well.


http://ulricrousseau.blogspot.ca/2012/01/2012-demo-tour.html

http://ulricrousseau.blogspot.ca/2012/03/demo-season-begins.html

http://ulricrousseau.blogspot.ca/2012/03/demo-delire.html

http://ulricrousseau.blogspot.ca/2012/04/demos-roll-to-end.html


3. CLIMBING HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS QUARTER:

Nous, Les Fous!

5.13- 11 bolts - 25m

Weir, Quebec

FA/FFA Oct 2011


Tanpis pour Toi

5.13+ 9 bolts - 25m

Weir, Quebec

FA April 2011


Aveux, J'ai Deja Baisser dans un Confessionnal.

5.12c 6 Bolts - 10m

Cap des Pere, Quebec

FA/FFA Sept 2011


Angels Walk Among Us ( Angeles Camino con Nosotros )

5.12+ 11 Bolts - 35m

El Salto, Mexico ( Las Animas )

FA/FFA Dec 2011


Silent Killer ( Assasino en Silencio )

5.14? 17 bolts - 40m

Project still underway

El Salto, Mexico ( Las Animas )

FA Dec 2011


The First Step on Your Last Day

5.13a 11 bolts - 35m

El Salto, Mexico ( Las Animas )

FA/FFA Dec 2011


Todo o Nada ( All or Nothing )

5.14? 22 bolts - 50m ( Sub Anchors )

El Salto, Mexico ( Las Animas )

FA Dec 2011


Los Mariposas

5.13a 8 Bolts - 15m

El Salto, Mexico ( Las Animas )

FA/FFA Dec 2011


Murder Weapon

5.14c 8 bolts - 30m ( Extension to Bizzare Contact, 15m )

El Salto, Mexico ( Las Animas )

FA March 2011


Ungabunga X-Mas

5.14a 4 bolts - 40m 9 ( Extension to Ungabunga 10m )

El Salto, Mexico ( Las Animas )

FA/FFA Dec 2011



4. NON-CLIMBING HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS QUARTER:

I spent most of my March demo day in Guelph climbing with the Jr team. great Kids. so physched. I wish I was 14 again LOL. I gave them all a Pusher chalkbag.

I spent a lot of time working this spring and got a new rig. Its now camperized and ready for the road. I will be taking it to Rifle in 2 weeks.

I changed a old couples alternator on the I 84 a few weeks back coming back from the adirondaks.



5. EVENTS YOU PLAN TO ATTEND NEXT QUARTER:

Trade show in SLC next month.

I am putting together the clinics for MEC for Maxim next fall, and I always wear my LS cap, peeps are sooooooooooo jealous LOL.

I will also be doing another round of demos for my rep schedule for the FALL so LS will be tagged on, as usual.



6. PLANS/GOALS FOR THE REST OF 2012:

Bolt in the new areas found recently in mexico, start building my winter house in mexico, finish off my projects in Montreal in the Fall, and try to find a suitable companion to reproduce.



7. PLEASE SUBMIT AT LEAST 1 PRO QUALITY PHOTO THAT CAPTURES YOUR YEAR SO FAR



Here are a few pics from the phone. My new rig getting its camperized effects, and some stupid shit along the way. Damn. I have been working a lot and life has taken a little to much space. It will be good to get back to climbing and doing nothing, soon...


PS. the first three shots are of some kid at the gym who was climbing with completely torn shoes, I just had to give him a pair of mine. Thats LS for ya, always there to support. Fuck I love my life. anyways, have all a good night. Like Tyra Banks said," the most important piece in you makeup bag, is a good nights rest."



No comments:

Post a Comment